In accordance with clause 5 of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 16, 2020 No. 635-r, the processing and issuance of visas of all categories to foreign citizens has been temporarily suspended in order to ensure state security, protect public health and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The citizens of a number of states can apply for an electronic visa at a specialized website of Russian MFA (http://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/). Electronic visas can be single entry business, humanitarian and tourist visas and are issued in the form of an electronic document (electronic visas) valid for visiting the territory of the Far Eastern Federal District and Kaliningrad Oblast.
According to the Russian Federation Government resolution No. 667 of 30 May 2017 and the Russian Federation Government order No. 692-р of 14 April 2017 an electronic visa to enter the Far Eastern Federal District can be obtained by nationals of the following 18 states, listed by the Government of the Russian Federation:
Algeria, Bahrain, Brunei, China (including Taiwan), India, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, The United Arab, Emirates, Tunisia, Turkey
An electronic visa to enter Kaliningrad region, Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad region can be obtained by nationals of the following 53 states listed by the Government of the Russian Federation:
Austria, Andorra, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, China (including Taiwan), Croatia, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, The Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican
Electronic visa is free and is issued based on an application of a foreign citizen that is filled in online at the above mentioned website of Russian MFA no later than 4 days before the proposed date of arrival and with a digital photo added to the application in the form of an electronic file. No additional documents are needed for electronic visa application.
Electronic visas are valid within 30 days starting from the date of issue and allow 8 days of stay in the Russian Federation starting from the date of arrival.
An e-visa is valid for entry into and exit from the Russian Federation only through the following State border crossing points of the Russian Federation located in the territory of the free port of Vladivostok:
- air border checkpoints «Vladivostok (Knevichy Airport)», «Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Khomutovo Airport)», «Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky (Yelizovo Airport)», «Blagoveschensk», «Khabarovsk (Novy Airport)», «Anadyr (Ugolny Airport)», «Kaliningrad (Khrabrovo)», «Ulan-Ude (Muhino)», «Chita (Kadala)», «Saint Petersbirg (Pulkovo Airport)»;
- naval checkpoints «Vladivostok», «Zarubino», «Posiet», «Korsakov», «Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky», «Kaliningrad (checkpoints in the cities of Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetly)», «Vysotsk», «Big port Saint Petersburg (Marine Station)», «Passenger port Saint Petersburg»;
- railroad checkpoints «Pogranichny», «Khasan», «Makhalino», «Mamonovo», «Sovetsk»;
- road border checkpoints «Poltavka», «Turiy Rog», «Bagrationovsk», «Gusev», «Mamonovo (Grzechotki)», «Mamonovo (Gronowo)», «Morskoje», «Pogranichny», «Sovetsk», «Chernyshevskoye», «Ivangorod», «Torfjanovka», «Brusnitchnoe», «Svetogorsk»;
- pedestrian checkpoint «Ivangorod».
PLEASE NOTE: Entry and exit to Saint Petersburg and Leningrad region on an e-visa by means of rail transport is currently unavailable.
Foreign citizens who have arrived to the Russian Federation with e-visas have the right to freedom of movement within the territory of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered, with the exception of territories, organizations and facilities, to enter which a special permission is required in accordance with federal laws of the Russian Federation. Foreign citizens should leave the territory of the Russian Federation only through checkpoints of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered.
Transport companies can check whether a foreign citizen holds a valid electronic visa at a specialized automated website of Russian MFA (https://evisacheck.kdmid.ru/). Information about checking procedure is available at the website in Russian and English languages.